Sunday, November 8, 2015

Veterans Day Week



Veterans Week Introduction

In honor of Veterans Day, I am starting off with a series of posts concerning some local war memorials. I like to ride the roads in my “nused” car I call “Dahlia” (guess what color she is!!). My particular focus right now is World War I. With the centennial of the start of the Great War, I have been reading books and watching some documentaries. So I have been hitting the roads to capture as many memorials as I can before the weather makes these outings difficult.

You have the normal memorials to the Civil War, World War I, World War II, Korean War and Vietnam War. I know there are also memorials to the veterans of Afghanistan and Iraq starting to emerge as their service must also be recognized. 

When the memorials have names listed I will transcribe them. If anyone sees an obvious typo or thinks I should check the spelling of a name, please feel free to contact me. I will check the photos and notes I took. Despite rumors to the contrary, I am human and will make a mistake or two. It’s fine to point those out!!

What's your two cents?

No comments:

Post a Comment